Saturday, March 1, 2008

Dad's Socks are Done!








I finally finished the second sock for my Dad. I think they turned out pretty well. I had to make a few adjustments for guage and my Dad's foot size (he wears a size 14 shoe). Just to give you an idea of the size...the white boxtop they were photographed on is 25" long.


I like the way the yarn striped up in nice masculine heathered blues and black. I hope he likes them. The On Line Linie 3 Supersocke 100 is very thin and knits up fairly soft. Now, don't tell my Dad but the next pair is going to be 80% merino 20% silk. Keep that just between us!

Do you listen to podcasts? If you are looking for some delightfull podcasts some of my favorites are... Yarn Thing (Marly is full of enthusiasm and energy), Knit Picks (Kelly is full of lots of up to date info and tips), Stitch It (Meghan is sweet and fun), LimenViolet (they are racy, often risque', never boring) Sticks and Strings (an Aussie bloke named David Reidy who likes to knit and gives us an interesting male perspective). There are lots more out there and I listen to more than these...but these are my current favorites. Hope you enjoy them too.

For those of you who don't have an MP3 player or and iPod, you can listen to these on your computer, too.

Hugs and Prayers

Serene Knitter

P.S. Please leave me a message or email me at serenedreamsftw@yahoo.com